FA announce new plans for 2018
The Football Association (FA) has today announced a series of new initiatives and investments which will have a significant impact, both on the organisation itself, and for all of English football.
Today’s announcements include a range of measures aimed at improving the culture of The FA and considerable new investment into every level of the game. These include:
• New policies, procedures and changes to the support structure around England teams at St. George’s Park
• A significant new commitment to making The FA a more inclusive and diverse organisation
• An increase to the contribution and leadership from The FA in supporting inclusion and anti-discrimination across all of English football
• A new initiative to ensure a greater level of engagement from senior ex-professionals and managers in The FA’s work
• Increased independence and transparency in The FA’s decision making process
The announcement also includes a range of substantial new strategic investments in the game which will be made from the 2018/19 season. This will total around £180m per year going directly back into football, which is up from £123m in the previous year, representing a 38% increase.
The FA is a not-for-profit organisation that is now able to make this new investment due to increased revenue from the sale of The Emirates FA Cup and England broadcast deals, a new long-term partnership with Nike and the consequence of the corporate re-structure in 2015.
Martin Glenn, FA Chief Executive Officer, said: “The initiatives and investments announced today will make a significant impact to the way football is run in this country. They illustrate both how committed The FA is to becoming a more inclusive and diverse organisation, and how much it contributes to English football. The FA will now invest over £180m a year back into the game, more than we have ever done before, which will have a positive and meaningful impact at every level of football in England.”
To find out more about the new plans from The FA, click here.