Education is a fundamental part of Kick It Out’s work, engaging with professional clubs, community groups, grassroots teams, schools, organisations, and young offenders’ institutes to raise awareness of the positive influence football can have.
Kick It Out has long since recognised the important role that football can play to help address issues of discrimination and exclusion in the classroom, changing room, and work environment, and respecting diversity and difference.
Since its inception, education has been a fundamental part of Kick It Out’s work through its engagement with schools, professional football clubs, community and grassroots groups, local councils and young offenders’ institutes.
Kick It Out delivers the programme in a targeted manner, and widens its engagement with new and existing groups through the production of education resources and the facilitation of detailed workshops.
The Education Programme works to fulfill Kick It Out’s overall objectives, as well as support the underlying philosophy of our educational work – Educate, Empower and Engage.
Kick It Out spreads its messages of equality and inclusion by:
- Regularly producing educational resources, guidance and toolkits covering key issues relating to Kick It Out’s work
- Delivering three different educational workshops to key targets
Since 2015 Kick It Out has educated over 3500 participant, delivering more than 70 educational workshops.
Find out more about the workshops available here.
Kick It Out strives to create future leaders by:
- Delivering the Equality and Diversity Awareness in Football Award with Southampton Solent University
- Developing A.S.P.I.R.E. (Kick It Out’s young ambassador group)
Kick It Out endeavours to engage communities with our work by:
- Delivering educational outreach events or projects relating to Kick It Out’s work
- Supporting organisations in running their own educational events and initiatives
Find out more about Kick It Out’s educational outreach, events and initiatives for communities here.
The organisation is always keen to work with new partners and listen to new ideas.
If you would like to discuss a particular project with Kick It Out, please email Hayley Bennett, Kick It Out’s Education Officer on email@example.com or call us on 020 7842 8932.